A printable, basic packing list for surviving a two-month trip with one suitcase. For a more complete list, please visit twobytour.com
In your carry-on personal item:
- Charger (and adapter, if necessary)
- Travel pillow
- Change of undergarments in case your primary luggage doesn’t arrive with you.
- An empty water bottle for refilling once you have cleared security.
- Important flight/hotel/ticketing information
- A pen
In your suitcase:
- Three pairs of shoes, all of which are comfortable to walk in – Two should work for every day with a specialty pair (sandals, heels).
- Seven basic tops – Two or three tank tops, two or three short sleeve tees, and two long sleeve shirts that can be layered over a tank or under a collared shirt.
- Four woven tops – A sweatshirt, a sweater, and two collared shirts in cotton, denim, or flannel (or a lightweight jacket)
- One medium-weight jacket, even better if it’s rain-resistant
- Two pairs of pants
- One dress or skirt that can be layered with the tops, or a third pair of pants.
- A set of loungewear that is cozy enough to sleep in, and prudent enough to not be embarrassing if you step out to grab ice
- A bathing suit and travel towel (if not staying in a hotel)
- Underwear and socks for a week
- A scarf – It can be used traditionally, but can also fill in as a beach coverup, or be placed over shoulders or on the head to respect customs in more conservative locales.
- Sunglasses (with a case)
- A belt
- A foldable bag for use as a second carry-on if necessary
- A laundry bag